Friday, March 5, 2010

Being Sensual


To start with, I would just like to make it clear that I choose to look at my own sensuality as holistic. Meaning, it is all of me not just one aspect of me. Most relate sensuality to sexuality. That's not necessarily true. And as much as I'd like to deny it, being or feeling sensual has impacted all areas of my life. I'm not certain if I was aware of it during early childhood, but certainly since adolescence. The stories I could tell you!

What is sensuality?
It's defined as such, but I don't believe it's always about unrestrained indulgence in sensual pleasures and lewdness or unchastity. It truly (originally) pertains to the senses and the "capacity for sensation," or "feeling." I would also say that.. the sinful connotation of sensuality is chiefly a 'Church' one. Proclaiming sensuality as a "animal instinct or appetite," hence "a source of evil, and lusts of the flesh."

Believe that if you want. But there is no sin in sensuality!

Being a sensual woman doesn't make me a dominatrix stalking men to drag back to my lair. Nor does it mean that I'll screw everything that moves or smiles at me. So give yourself a break if you're wondering about the energy that you put out there. Being shapely and beautiful and alluring and attentive and sensual.. Does not a sinner make! And unless you ARE a dominatrix stalking men, you have nothing to worry about. Really.

Speaking of what sensuality looks like or doesn't look like.. Take Wendy Williams, for example. I know guys who actually believe she's a man in drag. She does have some strong masculine features.. Her height and her facial structure.. But to me, she comes across as a confident, feminine, funny sensual woman.

I believe my sensuality is a beautiful thing.. It's my authentic nature. There was a time when I was ashamed of it. Because it just so happens to be attractive to others. The impact of being the center of attention in my past occupation made me unhappy for a time.. I was too young and lacked self awareness, and understanding on how to handle it. Now I know better.

The older I get the more self conscious I am feel, though. Overly aware of other peoples' observations of me. And as it turns out, their observations are good ones. I loved hearing from one woman.. that I am stunning. And from another that I have a very strong presence. It especially has a different more healthy meaning when a woman tells me this.

At the end of the day.. I'm still me. Living with the power and pleasure of being a woman. Being true to myself gracefully. Drawing love and positive relationships into my life.

I love my Divine Feminine Sensual energy!



Feeling Sensuous Painting by Richard Hoedl

1 comments:

MOMSWEB said...

"I love my Divine Feminine Sensual energy!" I love mine also and since I've been natural, it seems to ooze just a little bit more. Looove it!