Thursday, January 14, 2010

More. Money. Now.

It's not enough to bail out the banks and supposedly make health care affordable for all, but.. you know what? People still go to jail for smoking weed. That's a shame. And electricity still gets shut off and people get evicted just because they don't have enough money to pay the bills. I just don't get it. If consumerism is more responsible for our economic mess than capitalism is, then.. then this earth should just go ahead and explode so we can start all over again from scratch.

Look. Just because I've been available for work for 18 months now, doesn't mean that I reject capitalism.. but I do reject bankers and essential life services providers.. and their shareholders making out like bandits at the expense of the people who just can't pay. I think about this as I get almost daily suicide prevention email blasts from a nonprofit I support. And just because I've been available for work for 18 months now, doesn't mean that I have run out of things to consume. Hey! I just tweeted that I am looking to buy a juicy red tube of lipstick. I can't eat that. But I still need it. And I'm gonna get it.

In the mean time, I just felt I should explain the asterisk (*) next to the word "Rich" on my About Me widget on the side bar. It's not to imply that I AM rich. It's just a statement of my own personal wealth.. I'm rich in spirit. I'm rich in creativity. I'm rich in love. You get the idea..

Every body who had dreams of it, still want to live the good life and be filthy wealthy rich. I'm right behind you. In front of you, actually. I just hope the sun doesn't go down on me before I see it through. I'm boycotting wally world (aka walmart) and I feel really good about not contributing to their wealth anymore. I'll save more money and aggravation and live better by staying outta there! It's a trap! They'd sell us mortgages if they could. Any place where I spend less than 20 minutes and come out and have no clue where my car is, is a place not to frequent.

I just love me too much to not feel rich these days. I still have my luxury apartment and I'm still hanging on by a thread to my luxury car, and my kid still attends school in one of the more elitist and successful public school districts in the country. I can have my cake and eat it, too. But I can't leave you without saying.. "God is good." What? You know that with hard times come religiosity or is that just another trapping of a well off lifestyle?

I'm thinking too much.

Nite!

0 comments: